- User can create a dashboard only from the matrix and summary reports.
- A maximum of 2,000 rows will be displayed in a report. To view all the rows, export the report to Excel, or use the printable view for tabular and summary reports. For joined reports, the export option is not available, and the printable view displays a maximum of 20,000 rows.
- In the report builder, up to 20 rows will be displayed for summary and matrix reports and up to 50 rows for will be displayed in the tabular report.
- User can use five formulas per report.
- User can use up to 20 field filters in a report.
- To set the maximum number of records to display in a tabular report, click on Add and select Row Limit in a report builder.
- By default, reports timeout after 10 minutes. User can contact Salesforce.com support to extend the time-out limit to 20 minutes for tabular, summary, and matrix reports, but no extension is available for joined reports. It will continue to time out after 10 minutes.
- Reports will show only the first 254 characters in a rich-text area or a long-text area.
- A dashboard filter can have up to 50 options. By default, 10 options are enabled. If users want to enable more, contact the Salesforce.com support team to extend your limit.
- Each dashboard can have up to 20 components.
- A dashboard table or chart can display up to 20 photos.
- User must wait at least one minute between dashboard refresh.
Schedule Report & DashboardLimitations:
- If the running user becomes inactive, then the report is not run. The System Administrator will get an e-mail notification to either activate the user or delete the report scheduled, or change the running user to an active one in the scheduled report.
- The limit for scheduled reports per organization is one or two based on editions.
- An organization is limited to 200 scheduled reports and dashboards.
- Daily limits differ by edition. User needs to purchase additional schedule reports or dashboards.
- A joined report can’t be scheduled for future runs.
- Scheduled reports run in the time zone of the user who set up the report schedule. Let’s take an example. If the Time Zone field on user record is set to be Indian Standard Time, and user needs to schedule a report to run every day at 3:00 PM, then the report runs every day between 3:00 PM and 3:29 PM as per Indian Standard Time.
- The maximum size for e-mailed reports is 10 MB.
Analytical Snapshots Limitations:
- The maximum number of rows a user can insert into a custom object is 2,000
- The maximum number of runs user can store is 200
- The maximum number of source report columns you can map to target fields is 100
- User can only schedule one analytic snapshot to start on any given day on Professional Edition
- An analytic snapshot will fail during a scheduled run if the source report includes more than 100 fields.
- An analytic snapshot will fail during a scheduled run if the target object is included in a workflow
Enjoy! If you have any questions, Talk to our team at Tecnovators, a one-of-a-kind Salesforce consulting partner delivering pay-as-you-use On-demand services for Salesforce.
Also, you can give us a call at 678-520-8666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org